Friday, January 21, 2005

grandma's death anniversary.

how fast time flies.
eleven years have yet passed.
went to the church of risen christ
for mass with my aunty.
thought about grandma
and the both of us started crying.

i was only five then.
a few weeks before my birthday.
she'd promised me a bday party
at macdonalds. she did all the
inviting already, and was teaching
me how to blow off the candles,
using long beans and stuff.
but just two days before my birthday,
she passed away!

i can still remember my aunties
coming in a taxi to fetch me
in between school,and rushing off
to the hospital, where the doctor
announced that she'd died.
i can still remember myself
sitting in the hospital with godma
when the nurses and staff rolled
grandma's body past me.

no party for me.
just spent my birthday at the wake.
i still remember going to her coffin
asking her for a cake, and over to my
dad where i told him grandma said i
could have one!

well.
i never ever had a party,
until recently this year.
i hate it when my birthday
comes, cos it never fails to
remind me of her.

whenever i see candles being blown
or especially when i'm the one blowing
the candles, i never fail to remember her.

i really do miss her ALOT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home